Please call us directly at 651-686-5027 x 4 if we can help you further.
Thursday, January 7, 2016
Regarding the question on whether or not cotton garments need to be pretreated before digitally transferring a print with SingleJet™ Heat Transfer Paper, the answer is a firm NO.
Unlike the Direct-to Garment (DTG) process, you DO NOT HAVE TO PRE-TREAT using any of our SingleJet™ papers that include SingleJet II™ and SingleJet Opaque™ (for use with DARK apparel). The results are designs with bright color when printed on white and light color fabrics and vivid white and color on DARK garments.
With SingleJet™ and SingleJet II™, you’re also able to print a phot, flat color design text, block graphics or spot colors. Personalize puzzle blanks, light color mouse pads, t-shirts, baseball hats, coasters, bags and more. Used with the recommended Epson 1430 wide format inkjet printer, customizations is quick and almost effortless.
Transfer Instructions for apparel decoration using a SingleJet™ and a high quality Heat Press like the Swingman 20 from RhinoTech :
1. Using a heat press, pre-press the shirt for about 10 seconds to remove wrinkles and moisture from the garment.
2. Print a MIRROR IMAGE with the recommended Epson 1430 and, when dried, cut around the image leaving a 1/8" boarder.
3. Place image on garment; press the image at 350°F for 16 - 20 seconds using moderate to heavy pressure.
4. PAPER WILL BE HOT. This is a HOT PEEL process, so carefully and in one smooth motion, roll the transfer paper off beginning at the corner.
5. After peeling, cover shirt and image w/parchment paper (release paper).
6. Heat press again for 5 – 10 seconds. Remove parchment paper immediately. This will insure a superior bond to garment.
Simply follow these steps to get the absolute best results with printing a Photo with SingleJet™ :
1. In Print Options on your computer, select Photo Paper as your paper type; turn on Mirror Image option.
2. Set the printing mode to photograph, if necessary.
3. Print in 360dpi or 720dpi mode (do not print higher than 720dpi to avoid over saturation and ink bleed).
4. After printing, transfer with the Inkjet printer, allow transfer to dry thoroughly from 15 to 30 minutes. The color may appear to be dull, but will intensify when applied to your garment.
When printing a flat color design text, block graphics or spot colors SingleJet™ Heat Transfer Paper:
1. In Print Options, select Plain Paper as paper type and turn on the Mirror Image option.
2. Set the printing mode to graphics or text style of printing.
3. Print in 360dpi or 720dpi mode (do not print at higher than 720dpi to avoid over saturation and ink bleed).
4. After printing transfer with the Inkjet printer, allow transfer to dry thoroughly from 15 to 30 minutes. The color may appear to be dull, but will intensify when applied to your garment.
Transfer Instructions when using an Iron with SingleJet™ Heat Transfer Paper:
1. After the printed image has dried, cut the image out leaving a 1/8" border.
2. Place item to be printed onto a hard surface - not an ironing board. *Use hottest temperature and do not add water. For a few seconds, iron the area of the fabric where you have positioned the image.
3. Place the design/image face down onto the ironed fabric. Iron back of image for a few seconds; let cool for 10 seconds.
4. Next, iron the perimeter of the image; then iron the top center of the image moving slowly to the bottom center of the image.
5. Re-iron the image VERY SLOWLY using medium to high pressure. Continue ironing until you have completely traced the sides of the image; about 90 seconds for an
8" x 10" image surface.
6. Quickly iron the entire image, heating all of the transfer paper again for approximately 10-13 seconds.
4. Immediately, start at a corner and smoothly begin to Hot Peel the transfer working carefully with this very hot paper. All SingleJet™ papers are available in 81/2” x 11” and 11” x 17”.
Click HERE to see the new generation of SingleJet™, SingleJet II™ and SingleJet™ Opaque (for transfers to DARK apparel) heat transfer papers.
Order on-line and receive Free Shipping with a minimum $50 purchase when delivered in the contiguous U.S.A. And, we do ship world-wide.